SUMMARY: Maintains facilities in a clean and orderly condition while performing various custodial and janitorial duties.
- Follows a scheduled routine of janitorial tasks, including sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming.
- Empties trash and garbage containers on a daily basis.
- Empties and maintains clean the garbage containers on daily basis.
- Arranges classrooms and conference rooms as needed.
- Responds to janitorial emergencies as needed.
- Shovels snow and salts sidewalks as needed.
- Assists with the delivery and storage of items brought into the Agency.
- Ensures strict compliance with regulations of the state, local and licensing agencies.
- Complies with safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains work orders and receipts of purchases for supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered.
- Up to one year of job-related prior experience required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to process routine functions on a daily basis.
- Ability to comprehend memos, letters and correspondence and share information in one-on-one situations.
- Ability to apply common sense to solve some occasional problems.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Requires frequent feeling attributes of objects, grasping, pushing, standing, walking, reaching with hands/arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing or balancing, and repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
- Frequently required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Requires a normal level of attention.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time