The Janitor is responsible for maintaining facilities in a sanitary and efficient manner by following a scheduled routine of janitorial and light maintenance tasks. The Janitor will take the lead in supporting with the preparation and set-up of rooms for special events as well as moving furniture as needed. Additionally, the Janitor will perform heavy cleaning tasks, including cleaning and waxing floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing waste and trash from the facilities. All janitorial and maintenance tasks must be performed in compliance with regulations of the state, local and licensing agencies and the Organization’s safety policies and procedures.
JOB FUNCTIONS: (include but not limited to the following)
- Collects and disposes of trash following approved procedures and infection control plans.
- Dusts and damp mops floors following approved procedures.
- Moves equipment and furniture for proper cleaning and place furniture back in correct placement.
- Cleans assigned areas with the use of assigned materials and equipment to sanitize all surfaces by following the eight-step cleaning procedure.
- Washes walls, windows, furniture, baseboards and other items to maintain a clean, safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Perform light maintenance tasks (i.e. change light bulbs, move furniture, check emergency lighting, assemble furniture, make minor repairs to center as needed).
- Seeks out areas requiring maintenance/cleaning and takes initiative to complete the task.
- Completes all tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Strips, scrubs, buffs and refinishes floor.
- Disinfect and shampoo carpets located in the classrooms and common areas.
- Contributes to the team; exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred;
- Up to one year of job-related prior experience required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication preferred but not required;
- Proof of physical examination, tuberculosis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) screening within the last six months required.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Positions located in Chicago, IL 60608 (Pilsen), Chicago, IL 60617 (South Chicago), Chicago, IL 60623 (Little Village) and Cicero, IL 60804