Early Childhood Education
Children are Socially, Emotionally, Physically and Cognitively Ready to Learn
El Valor is one of the largest providers of early childhood education in the Chicagoland area. El Valor’s Children’s Programs support families through seamless, comprehensive programming that fosters creative and innovative child development services, parental involvement, multiculturalism, and respect. Children’s development, including children with special needs, are strengthened through relationship building, community partnerships, professional leadership, strong management systems, and family advocacy. El Valor works with more than 4,000 children under the age of five, 20% who are diagnosed with a developmental or physical disability.
- El Valor is nominated by Illinois State Governor Pat Quinn as a National Center for Excellence.
- El Valor constructed and now operates four state-of-the-art Children and Family Centers. Each one works with a thousand families annually.
- El Valor signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the State of Guanajuato, Mexico to be a trainer-of-trainers in Early Childhood curriculum.
- El Valor’s Connecting Research to Practice is connecting the latest research and making it meaningful to professionals and families.
Children leaving El Valor Early Childhood Programs are:
- Ready for kindergarten
- Interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM)
- More engaged in family-centered activities developing a lifelong spirit of learning
- Empowered as a family as child’s first and most important teachers
- Ready to advocate for child’s needs
- Up to date with immunizations
…I was amazed at (El Valor’s children’s) kindness, curiosity, their caring and their independence. Far more than other preschool children with whom I have worked for the past 25 years, these children seem to construct understanding of relationships they have formed with their teachers, with their peers, and the playful explorations that are encourage in every classroom.
Our themed SMART rooms at each of our centers are helping bridge the gap towards a better future for our children.read more
Promoting early language and vocabulary building for families with preschool and younger childrenread more
Comprehensive child development program for children ages 3 to 5read more
Meaningful educational opportunities for children pregnancy to 3 years oldread more
Helping other organizations develop and maintain best practicesread more
Building a community of acceptance and diversityread more
Nutrition and comprehensive health services for familiesread more
Engaging families in science and nature-based activitiesread more
Developing relationships to increase communication, self-esteem and serve as motivation to grow and learn as a familyread more