Early Childhood Education
We provide children with the Social–Emotional, Physical, Cognitive and STEAM opportunities for School Readiness.
El Valor is one of the largest providers of early childhood education in the Chicagoland area. El Valor’s Children’s Programs support families through seamless, comprehensive programming that fosters creative and innovative child development services, parental involvement, multiculturalism, and respect. Children’s development, including children with special needs, are strengthened through relationship building, community partnerships, professional leadership, strong management systems, and family advocacy. El Valor works with more than 4,000 children under the age of five, 20% who are diagnosed with a developmental or physical disability.
- El Valor is nominated by Illinois State Governor Pat Quinn as a National Center for Excellence.
- El Valor constructed and now operates four state-of-the-art Children and Family Centers. Each one works with a thousand families annually.
- El Valor signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the State of Guanajuato, Mexico to be a trainer-of-trainers in Early Childhood curriculum.
- El Valor’s Connecting Research to Practice is connecting the latest research and making it meaningful to professionals and families.
Children leaving El Valor Early Childhood Programs are:
- Ready for kindergarten; with a strong Social Emotional foundation
- Interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM)
- More engaged in family-centered activities developing a lifelong spirit of learning
- Empowered as a family as child’s first and most important teachers
- Ready to advocate for child’s needs
…I was amazed at (El Valor’s children’s) kindness, curiosity, their caring and their independence. Far more than other preschool children with whom I have worked for the past 25 years, these children seem to construct understanding of relationships they have formed with their teachers, with their peers, and the playful explorations that are encouraged in every classroom.