Under the guidance of the Teacher, the Teacher Aide is responsible for collaboratively supporting in the education and general development of the children enrolled in the agency’s Early Head Start program. The Teacher Aide shall support in maximizing the children’s developmental progress and promote school readiness through curriculum implementation, constant supervision of children and ensuring a healthy and safe environment for all children in an inclusive environment. The Teacher Aide will implement the programming adhering to state, federal and agency standards and regulations.
JOB FUNCTIONS: (include but is not limited to the following)
- Assists the Teacher in the development of the children’s creative, language and motor skills.
- Monitors each child’s well-being and safety while attending the Agency.
- Implements the curriculum used by the agency with fidelity.
- Assists the Teacher in communicating with parents, staff and children on a daily basis or as needed.
- Assists the Teacher with children with different abilities and challenging behaviors.
- Supports teachers in acquiring all necessary signatures of parents and/or guardians for events/activities needing their permission.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism while adhering to city, state and federal regulations outlining the Early Head Start program.
- Provides active supervision to ensure the safety of Early Head Start children while in the classroom, during transitions, and while on the playground. Ensures that no child shall be left alone or unsupervised.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency required;
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or Associates Degree from an accredited college or technical school with six credit hours in Child Development preferred;
- One year of job-related prior experience required;
- Successful completion of First Aid/CPR certification required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication preferred;
- Proof of physical examination, tuberculosis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) screening within the last six months required.
- 3050 E 92nd Street, Chicago, IL 60617
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- 401k with employer matching
- Company-paid basic life insurance and AD&D coverage
- Company-paid short term disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday (some weekends and evenings may apply as needed for recruitment events)
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com regarding interest in this open position.