El Valor’s Employment Program has three main program opportunities: Vocational Evaluation, Supported Employment and Competitive Employment. The services are designed to provide the supports based on the individual’s needs, and include training, certification, and education to increase opportunities for career exploration.
Services are delivered by an employment specialist who works with the individuals’, to learn about their goals and preferences. Employment specialists are trained to provide people with coaching, interview training, resume development, and on-the-job support.
- Vocational Evaluation & Assessment – Diagnostic tools are used to assess vocational interests, work tolerance, personal and social characteristics that result in an individualized vocational habilitation plan to maximize community integration and self-sufficiency.
- Supported Employment / Supported Employment Extended – Provides supervision, advocacy, ongoing assessment, training, counseling, coaching and follow-up services to help individuals sustain competitive jobs in an integrated work site.
- Competitive Employment – Supports individuals with disabilities in identifying and securing jobs that are available in the community. In this program, we emphasize occupational exploration and skills training to secure competitive employment. Vocational counseling is also provided to assist the individual in maintaining employment.
Additional Supports may include referrals for the following
- Vocational Consultations
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Case Management Services
- Benefits Analysis
- Financial Assistance
- Assistive Technology
- Transportation Services and Supports
- Clinical Supports
- Vocational Work Shops
To schedule a vocational consultation, or if you would like additional information, please contact Hector Izaguirre, Employment Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 997-2030 Ext. 55231