Ensures individuals with Developmental and Intellectual disabilities receive are supported as they work to obtain and maintain employment. Provide case management and training related to their activities of daily leaving, employment, and other identified areas of need. Responsible for the implementation of rules and regulations as required by licensing entities.
- Ensures the consistent implementation meaningful employment workshops and programming for participants.
- Assists individuals in identifying competitive positions that they are interested in applying for and reaching those goals.
- Participates in personal plan meetings and developments implementation strategies as needed.
- Reviews and revises goals every three months.
- Conductors outreach and networks in the community to identify potential places of employment for participants.
- Prepares, revises, documents, and implements integrated service plans for each assigned program participant.
- Assesses individual capabilities and integrates appropriate therapeutic services.
- Ensures environmental support and assistive devices are available to promote independence.
- Ensures that all services comply with state licensing standards.
- Administers training for program participants.
- Coordinates the schedules of program participants.
- Maintains case files in accordance with regulatory and Agency standards.
- Trains and supports employers on addressing disabilities in the workplace.
- Contacts employers after placement to ensure satisfaction with program participant’s performance.
- Arranges and maintains all inventory supplies for all work sites in accordance with OSHA and CARF standards.
- Participate in required meetings.
- Actively communicate with participants and families.
- Assists at various outreach activities.
- Acts as an advocate for Agency services and program participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or technical school required;
- Two to five years of job-related experience required;
- Current, valid Illinois driver’s license required;
- Reliable means of transportation required;
- Successful completion of First Aid/CPR certification may be required;
- Successful completion of job developer training required;
- Successful completion of CPR, First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Chemical Safety Training courses required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication required.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: Chicago, IL 60608