The Employment Specialist is responsible for assisting and providing support to adults with disabilities in finding opportunities for employment and developing positive relationships with employers in surrounding communities. This position works under the general guidance of the Manager of Employment Services and collaboratively work with other Employment Specialists, Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professionals (QIDPs), agency staff and local employers. The Employment Specialist will manage multiple case files in accordance with program rules and regulations and the Organization’s standards. Additionally, the Employment Specialist will provide job-readiness training to program participants which may include areas such as vocational training, job preparation, interviewing and retention.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree from accredited college or technical school required;
- Two to five years of job-related experience required;
- Current, valid Illinois driver’s license required;
- Reliable means of transportation required;
- Successful completion of First Aid/CPR certification may be required;
- Successful completion of job developer training required;
- Successful completion of CPR, First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Chemical Safety Training courses required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication required.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: Chicago, IL 60608