JOB FUNCTIONS: (include but is not limited to the following)
- Assist with vouchering and billing to ensure receipt of funds for the agency operations
- Maintain audit ready grant invoices files and related supporting documents meeting all accounting government standards and requirements.
- Assist with preparation of the various grant budgets, budget adjustments, monitoring and reporting budget vs. actual.
- Assist with timely grant reporting to the funding agencies.
- Analyze and report receivables
- Accurate and timely monthly close functions such as inputs revenue/receivables, and journal entries. This includes reconciliation for balance sheet accounts.
- Support of an annual audit, and audits from the various funding agencies.
- Prepare and enter accounts receivables into Financial Edge.
- Assist with proper account coding on accounts payables for children’s program voucher
- Compliance with Employee and Fiscal policies. Work with the Senior Manager to address fiscal internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from accredited college or university required.
- Three or more years of job-related prior experience required;
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software;
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Detail oriented, have strong time management skills, and possess effective communication skills.
- Valid, current driver’s license may be required.
- 1924 W 21st Street, Chicago, IL 60608 – Flexibility to travel to satellite locations required.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Vacation time and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- 401k with employer matching
- Company-paid basic life insurance and AD&D coverage
- Company-paid short term disability coverage
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday (some weekends and evenings may apply as needed)
- Remote work days available
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com regarding interest in this open position.