HEAD START is a comprehensive early childhood development program working with children ages 3 to 5. Children that complete the program have the skills necessary to succeed in school. El Valor serves over 2,000 Head Start children annually throughout the city of Chicago in partnership with the Chicago Department of Family and Support Services. El Valor’s reach stretches from the Roseland to Albany Park Chicago neighborhoods.
- Relationship-based approach to early learning
- El Valor offers half day and full day model for qualifying families
- High quality, research-based, early childhood education
- Supportive transition to kindergarten
- Serves children of all abilities
- Comprehensive supportive services for the whole family