SUMMARY: Prepares meals for consumption in a sanitary and efficient manner following the regulations set by the Department of Health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Washes and sanitizes the dishes, utensils and cooking areas.
- Delivers food setup to classrooms and collects and cleans up items after meals are served.
- Maintains cleanliness and order of food storage areas.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving and storage of food.
- Maintains sanitation of cooking materials and appliances used in preparing meals.
- Prepares meals in accordance with menus provided and the regulations of the Department of Health and Illinois Board of Education.
- Observes and monitors eating habits of program participants to report to supervisor.
- Assists in developing a well-balanced menu on a quarterly basis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Up to one year of job-related prior experience preferred.
- Certification in food and sanitation preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques.
- Skilled in basic math.
- Ability to comprehend memos, letters and correspondence and share information in one-on-one situations.
- Ability to carry out one to two steps of instructions for new projects, as required.
- Ability to provide daily direct service to external customers.
- Exposed to loud noise levels.
- Exposed to moderations of temperature in kitchen environment.
- Requires regular talking, hearing, grasping, standing, and reaching with hand/arms.
- Requires frequent walking, climbing or balancing, and repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
- Regularly required to lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Frequently required to lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Requires a normal level of attention.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-Time