Provides consistent programming and support for an individual that has been identified as one who benefits from/needs one-on-one supports. Staff person will create individualized programming that integrates the individual’s outcomes, while supporting in a quiet space. Staff person will have experience and knowledge of the individual’s specific triggers and maladaptive behaviors to provide proactive redirection.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required;
- Associate’s degree preferred;
- Three to five years of prior experience working with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities required.
- Completion of crisis management/prevention training;
- Successful completion of CPR and First Aid courses required;
- Direct Support Person (DSP) certification or successful completion of DSP training after four months of hire.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: Chicago, IL