In collaboration with the teaching staff, the Special Needs Assistant (Paraprofessional) is responsible in supporting the needs of children with developmental disabilities receiving Head Start services within the Organization’s community partner sites. The role of the Paraprofessional is to maximize the children’s developmental progress and promote school readiness through curriculum implementation, ensuring a healthy and safe environment for children, and prompt intervention and management of difficult or disruptive behaviors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency required;
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) Preferred;
- One to two years of job-related prior experience required.
- Successful completion of First Aid/CPR certification required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication preferred;
- Current, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required;
- Reliable means of transportation required;
- Proof of physical examination, tuberculosis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) screening within the last six months required.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: Chicago, IL 60623 (traveling as required)