In collaboration with the teaching staff, the Special Needs Assistant (Paraprofessional) is responsible in supporting the needs of children with developmental disabilities receiving Head Start services center-based or within the Organization’s community partner sites. The role of the Paraprofessional is to maximize the children’s developmental progress and promote school readiness through curriculum implementation, ensuring a healthy and safe environment for children, and prompt intervention and management of difficult or disruptive behaviors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency required;
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) Preferred;
- One to two years of job-related prior experience required.
- Successful completion of First Aid/CPR certification required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication preferred;
- Current, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required;
- Reliable means of transportation required;
- Proof of physical examination, tuberculosis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) screening within the last six months required.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
Positions located in Chicago, IL 60623 (Little Village) (traveling as required)