Under the guidance of the Education Supervisor, the Teacher Assistant is responsible for collaboratively supporting in the education and general development of the children enrolled in the agency’s early childhood three-to-five programs. The Teacher Assistant shall support in maximizing the children’s developmental progress and promote school readiness through curriculum implementation, constant supervision of children and ensuring a healthy and safe environment for all children in an inclusive environment. The Teacher Assistant will implement the programming adhering to state, federal and agency standards and regulations.
JOB FUNCTIONS: (include but not limited to the following)
- Assists the Teacher in the development of the children’s creative, language and motor skills.
- Monitors each child’s well-being and safety while attending the Agency.
- Implements the curriculum used by the agency with fidelity.
- Plans lesson plans based on the curriculum in collaboration with the teacher.
- Assists the Teacher in completing required paperwork, including lesson plans, observations, home visit reports, parent/teacher conference reports, implementing developmental and social and emotional screenings;
- Required to enter documentation and data in program database TSG, COPA, or ChildPlus.
- Together with Lead teacher, analyze child outcome data based on the on-going assessment schedule and report on progress made by children in meeting school readiness goals.
- Recruits volunteers for In-Kind
- Recruits in community for full enrollment during the day and/or occasional evenings and weekends.
- Assists the Teacher in communicating with parents, staff and children in a professional and respectful manner on a daily basis or as needed.
- Acquires all necessary signatures of parents and/or guardians for events/activities needing their permission
- Maintains a high level of professionalism while adhering to city, state and federal regulations outlining the Head Start program.
- Provides active supervision to ensure the safety of Head Start children while in the classroom, during transitions, and while on the playground. Ensures that no child shall be left alone or unsupervised.
- Completes Teaching Strategies Gold Interrater Reliability training module within 90 days of hire date.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development from an accredited college or technical school preferred;
- Associate degree from an accredited college or technical school with six credit hours in Child Development;
- One to two years of job-related prior experience required.
- Successful completion of First Aid/CPR certification required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication preferred;
- Proof of physical examination, tuberculosis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) screening within the last six months required.
- 1951 W 19th Street, Chicago, IL 60608
- 2434 S Kildare Ave, Chicago, IL 60623
- 5310 W 24th Place, Cicero, IL 60804
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- 401k with employer matching
- Company-paid basic life insurance and AD&D coverage
- Company-paid short term disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday (some weekends and evenings may apply as needed for recruitment events)
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com regarding interest in this open position.