Under the guidance of the Education Supervisor, the Teacher Assistant is responsible for collaboratively supporting in the education and general development of the children enrolled in the agency’s Head Start or Pre-School for All programs. The Teacher Assistant shall support in maximizing the children’s developmental progress and promote school readiness through curriculum implementation, constant supervision of children and ensuring a healthy and safe environment for all children in an inclusive environment. The Teacher Assistant will implement the programming adhering to state, federal and agency standards and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development from an accredited college or technical school preferred;
- Associates degree from an accredited college or technical school with six credit hours in Child Development;
- One to two years of job-related prior experience required.
- Successful completion of First Aid/CPR certification required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication preferred;
- Proof of physical examination, tuberculosis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) screening within the last six months required.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, IL 60608, 60623, Cicero, IL 60804