The EHS Teacher is responsible for the education and general development of the toddler children enrolled in the agency’s Early Head Start program. In collaboration with the teacher assistant, the Teacher shall take leadership in maximizing the children’s developmental progress and promote school readiness through curriculum implementation, constant supervision of children and ensuring a healthy and safe environment for all children in an inclusive environment. The Teacher will implement the age-appropriate programming adhering to state, federal and agency standards and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education from accredited college is required;
- Two to five years of job-related experience required;
- Successful completion of First Aid/CPR certification required;
- Proof of physical examination, tuberculosis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) screening within the last six months required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication preferred.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: Cicero, IL 60804, Chicago, IL 60617, Chicago, IL 60623