Provide site program governance and parent involvement leadership, direction and implementation within written program plan.
JOB FUNCTIONS: (include but not limited to the following)
- Implement a formal parent center committee structure of shared governance through which parents can participate in policy making or other decisions about the program.
- Assist in the implementation of written training plan for parent policy groups to enable them to carry out their program governance responsibility effectively.
- Implement a site/program volunteer recruitment system for parents, community residents, and community organizations and assist in the mobilization of community resources to meet identified program needs.
- Serves as a site/program advocate for parents by working with management staff to address identified concerns and needs.
- Participate in the site outreach, recruitment, and enrollment for children and families, and in partnership with social service staff.
- Link site/program parents with internal and external economic/education development activities, and other community resources and benefits in cooperation with case management staff.
- Implement site program governance and parent involvement monitoring system, including issues identified as part of the annual PIR, self assessment process and parent surveys.
- Implement site/program process of reporting and record keeping in all areas of program governance and parent involvement.
- Implement a site/ program level male involvement.
- Participates in site/program transition planning for children and families into pre-school and from pre-school to elementary school, including the coordination of parent training dealing with transition planning.
- Supervise and mentor site/program interns.
- Participates in cross component planning with other site/program staff in support of interdisciplinary services to children and families, including parent group orientations and trainings.
- Collaborates with Social Services to receive Family Goals with calendar workshops.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors’ degree in human services, family services, social services and/or family services credential required;
- Three to five years of job-related prior experience required
- Current, valid Illinois driver’s license and proof of insurance may be required;
- Reliable means of transportation may be required;
- Successful completion of First Aid/CPR certification required;
- Proof of physical examination, tuberculosis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) screening within the last six months required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication preferred.
- 2434 S Kildare Ave, Chicago, IL 60623
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- 401k with employer matching
- Company-paid basic life insurance and AD&D coverage
- Company-paid short term disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday (some weekends and evenings may apply as needed for recruitment events)
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding interest in this open position.