Plans and prepares meals for consumption in a sanitary and efficient manner following the regulations set by the Department of Health, Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
JOB FUNCTIONS: (include but not limited to the following)
- Adhere to all areas of the Head Start Program Performance Standards, Chicago Early Learning Standards (CELs), and Head Start Early Learning Outcome Framework (HSELOF) within the Nutrition content area for all El Valor’s children’s program models.
- Prepare meals in accordance with menus provided and the regulations of the Department of Health, CACFP, ISBE, and USDA.
- Wash and disinfect the dishes, utensils and cooking areas.
- Maintain food storage areas.
- Assist with the ordering, receiving and storage of food.
- Maintain appliances used in preparing meals.
- Observe and monitor eating habits of program participants to report to supervisor.
- Deliver food setup to classroom, collect and clean up items after meals are served.
- Participate in promotional activities to recruit and enroll children in El Valor’s programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish communication required;
- Completion of Food and Sanitation Certification course may be required;
- Proof of physical examination, tuberculosis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) screening within the last six months required;
- Successful completion of First Aid/CPR certification required;
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Position located in Chicago, IL 60608
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding interest in any open position.